He said to them, “The harvest is abundant but the laborers are few; so ask the master of the harvest to send out laborers for his harvest." - Luke 10:2
A Call from God
The United States Catholic Catechism for Adults teaches us, that from the moment of Jesus' conception in the womb of Mary until his Resurrection, he was filled with the Holy Spirit. In biblical language, he was anointed by the Holy Spirit and thus established by God the Father as our high priest. As Risen Lord, he remains our high priest. . . . While all the baptized share in Christ's priesthood, the ministerial priesthood shares this through the Sacrament of Holy Orders in a special way.
Ordination to the priesthood is always a call and a gift from God. Christ reminded his Apostles that they needed to ask the Lord of the harvest to send laborers into the harvest. Those who seek priesthood respond generously to God's call using the words of the prophet, "Here I am, send me" (Is 6:8). This call from God can be recognized and understood from the daily signs that disclose his will to those in charge of discerning the vocation of the candidate.
Where does our Diocese send Seminarians?
Vocations at Our Lady of the Snows
Heavenly Father, bless our diocese with the grace of many vocations to the priesthood from our parish. Through the intercession of our Blessed Mother, grant those You have called, the courage to follow Your will. Grant also to those serving as priests the grace to serve with the faithfulness of Christ. We ask this through Christ, our Lord. Amen.
Our Lady of Snows Vocations Committee
The mission of the Diocese Vocations Committee is to promote vocations by prayer, personal contact, and projects involving the parish, school, and families in an effort to be blessed with dedicated priests, deacons, consecrated persons, and faith-filled and generous parents and single people.
We carry out our mission by:
- Coordinating the Monthly Rosary for Vocations before Weekend Masses
- Coordinating and Supporting the Classroom Adopt-A-Seminarian Program
- Encouraging Eucharistic Adoration for an increase in Vocations to the Priesthood and the Consecrated Life
- Sending Postcards to Priests/Nuns/Deacons/Seminarians
- Sending Cards to Parents of Newly Baptized
- Sending Cards to Seminarians (Birthdays and Special Feasts)
- Purchasing Religious or Vocations Oriented Books and Other Items for the Cathedral School
- Purchasing and Distributing Holy Cards/Bookmarks with Vocations Prayers
- Supporting the 6th Grade Vocations Day
- Sending letters to First Communicants
- Sending letters to Confirmation class Juniors
- Sending Letters of Congratulations and encouragement to graduates of 8th Grade and High School
- Having a Mass, a month for the intention of a particular seminarian.
- Collectively and Individually Praying for Vocations
If you are interested in helping with these activities or for additional information regarding the Our Lady of the Snows Vocations Committee, please contact (name) at XXX-XXX-XXXX or (email).
The fruit of our prayers
Our vocations committee works tirelessly to support vocations in our parish and community. We encourage you and your family to pray for vocations, sign up to "host" the Christ the High Priest icon, and get involved with our mission. Our prayer and encouragement assists young members in our parish in discerning their vocation. Below, you can see the number of seminarians, priests and religious from our parish.